Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I download latest OSX installer from a web browser now?

I am unable to successfully download any new version of mac OS using the app store. It always fails due to some network error that I cannot get my service provider to investigate and fix.

Previously I was able to download it in Chrome on developer.apple.com. It would fail then too, but I could always continue the download and it would start from where it left off and not from the beginning each time. Now it seems that even on developer.apple.com it forces me to download from the app store app, which is not fault tolerant and will start over from the beginning each time.

How can I download from the browser now? Also, I have four Macs to update so I don't want to download this l large file 4 times!

Posted on Jan 28, 2022 5:41 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 28, 2022 5:48 AM

Visit the How to get old versions of macOS using exclusively Safari, and verify the last operating system hardware requirements for your four Macs, as more than one download may be necessary due to hardware restrictions. Then on the preceding link, visit the respective Mac App Store link for the operating system. With the exception of El Capitan, these downloads will install in your /Applications folder as full installers. Remember that the installer once used will delete itself, so make a copy(ies) as needed for your four Macs.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 28, 2022 5:48 AM in response to Tracy_5769

Visit the How to get old versions of macOS using exclusively Safari, and verify the last operating system hardware requirements for your four Macs, as more than one download may be necessary due to hardware restrictions. Then on the preceding link, visit the respective Mac App Store link for the operating system. With the exception of El Capitan, these downloads will install in your /Applications folder as full installers. Remember that the installer once used will delete itself, so make a copy(ies) as needed for your four Macs.

Jan 28, 2022 7:01 AM in response to Tracy_5769

To perform this action will require booting from a Bootable Installer of Monterey.

Or, as I have done, download the Full Version of Monterey on one Computer Qualify for the Monterey upgrade and stop at that point.

Have a Reliable External Drive and Copy the new application called " Install Montery " to the external drive.

Move the External Drive containing the application and Copy the Install Montery back to the Applications folder of that computer.

Presto, ready to install

Repeat the process until all Qualifying Computers for Monterey are done.

How can I download latest OSX installer from a web browser now?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.