Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Issue with AirPods 3rd gen just when using my MacBook

I just came across kind of a bizarre issue. For some reason when I have both of my AirPods 3rd gen are in my ears while using my Mac, the left one does not work. It works with the right one out of my ear. It gets even weirder. I can hear the connection chime when they are both of my ears coming from both. But when I play something, I can just hear things out of the right pod. They both work normally with my iPhone and iPad. I even used both my AirPods Pro and my AirPods gen 2, and they both worked! Both my Mac and AirPods are up to date! I made sure that one is not dead! I even removed it from my account and re connected it, but nothing changed! I also restarted the computer as well! Does anyone have a possible fix for this! Has this been having this issue as well?

MacBook Pro 14″, macOS 12.2

Posted on Jan 28, 2022 8:23 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 28, 2022 8:27 PM

17001005 Said:

"Issue with AirPods 3rd gen just when using my MacBook: [...]I can hear the connection chime when they are both of my ears coming from both. But when I play something, I can just hear things out of the right pod.[...]"

-------

Troubleshoot the App:

If you can hear the connection chime, then there is no issue with the AirPods. As a result, it seems to be an issue with the app itself. So, see if changing the volume and balance is an option on the app itself. If so, modify the volume and balance accordingly.

Similar questions

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 28, 2022 8:27 PM in response to 17001005

17001005 Said:

"Issue with AirPods 3rd gen just when using my MacBook: [...]I can hear the connection chime when they are both of my ears coming from both. But when I play something, I can just hear things out of the right pod.[...]"

-------

Troubleshoot the App:

If you can hear the connection chime, then there is no issue with the AirPods. As a result, it seems to be an issue with the app itself. So, see if changing the volume and balance is an option on the app itself. If so, modify the volume and balance accordingly.

Issue with AirPods 3rd gen just when using my MacBook

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.