Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Airpods Max - Left Ear Cup

Hi guys

I've recently experienced a strange behaviour of my Airpods Max... it's about the left ear cup.

Unfortunately if the Airpods are connected to my MacBook (Pro, 13", M1) they won't play any sound at the left ear cup...

I only hear videos, music and every sound of the MacBook on the right side. Which is strange because all the Control Feedback Sounds (changing Noise Cancellation mode, Play/Pause,...) I can hear clearly on the left side.

Also if I use my Airpods with my iPhone they work properly on both ear cups. So I can't imagine that the left side is broken or something...

It's only "broken" when connected to the MacBook.

I've reset them already twice (also iCloud reset), charged them fully, rebooted my Mac several times...

Nothing works.

Can anybody help?

Thanks in advance.

Regards J

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 12.2

Posted on Mar 7, 2022 5:59 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 7, 2022 6:08 AM

Never mind.

Somehow my sound settings were messed up. The balance on the Airpods was set completely to right.

So it's fixed now.

Don't know how this happened, but if you experience a similar issue, check your sound preferences.

Cheers

Similar questions

1 reply

Airpods Max - Left Ear Cup

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.