Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Gmail notification sound

I can’t change the notification sound for an incoming email even though the Gmail app is set as default. I’ve changed the notification sound for email, but it’s only working for the built in app. Can you help me? I have an iPhone XS.

iPhone XS, iOS 15

Posted on Jan 29, 2022 7:52 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 16, 2022 9:19 AM

I still do get the badge (fortunately) but there is definitely a small delay on it popping up in relation to the notification sound. Seems to be very odd bug, just centered around the tone.

I didn't realize it changed after 15.4....good call.

5 replies

Mar 15, 2022 11:37 AM in response to SravanKrA

I'm having a odd semi-related issue in that new Gmail notification are using the wrong sound. When I receive an email in the Gmail app, I get the Tri-tone (what I and most people use for text messages). In other words, the completely wrong sound is alerting me.

I go into the Gmail app settings / notification sounds (within the Gmail app itself) and it set to what it always was ..."Classic"...yet that sound doesn't play when I get an email.

I do not use the native "Mail" app and have it uninstalled on my computer. Feels like a bug but maybe I'm missing something. It's an iPhone 12 mini.

Gmail notification sound

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.