Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

my down button stopped working; sometimes I can get a page to go down and sometimes I can't

On my MacBook Air, the down button stopped working. The up button works. What is the recourse to get this fixed?

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 11.6

Posted on Jan 30, 2022 11:46 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 30, 2022 2:20 PM

A tiny piece of debris might be causing it. Even though it describes a different model Mac, try cleaning the keyboard as described in How to clean the keyboard of your MacBook Pro - Apple Support.

That Support document was intended to address a specific concern with the type of keys used on those Macs, but the procedure can be applied to any portable Mac.

If you don't succeed, contact Apple to get it fixed. Start here: Get Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 30, 2022 2:20 PM in response to houstonpeyton

A tiny piece of debris might be causing it. Even though it describes a different model Mac, try cleaning the keyboard as described in How to clean the keyboard of your MacBook Pro - Apple Support.

That Support document was intended to address a specific concern with the type of keys used on those Macs, but the procedure can be applied to any portable Mac.

If you don't succeed, contact Apple to get it fixed. Start here: Get Support

my down button stopped working; sometimes I can get a page to go down and sometimes I can't

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.