You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

0xe800000c error when in iTunes when connecting iPhone

I have an iPhone 12. Yesterday i installed iTunes on my Windows 11 PC, made some playlists, connected my iphone to my PC and everything worked perfectly. Today I connected my iPhone again to add another playlist. As the phone was syncing it disappeared from iTunes. The playlist transferred over correctly; however, when i attempted to reconnect the phone to iTunes i initially received the following message: "An iPhone has been detected, but it could not be identified properly. Please disconnect and reconnect the iPhone, then try again." I disconnected and reconnected my iPhone and repeatedly received the same message on every attempt. I went through the steps outlined here: If your computer doesn't recognize your iPhone, iPad, or iPod - Apple Support. I also tried every usb port on my PC, reinstalled iTunes version 12.12.2.2, and made sure all drivers were up to date. My pc recognizes that my iPhone is connected, i have Trusted the pc when prompted by the phone, and confirmed with my unlock code, but again, iTunes does not recognize my phone. after rebooting my pc and my phone several times, i now get a 0xe800000c error when i attempt to connect my iPhone. Any assistance would be appreciated.

Posted on Jan 31, 2022 3:30 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 1, 2022 12:04 PM

Hi CSchindt76,

Thank you for participating in the Apple Support Communities. We understand your iPhone is not being recognized by iTunes, and we'd like to assist. It sounds like you've come from a helpful article:

If your computer doesn't recognize your iPhone, iPad, or iPod

Have you tried all the steps in this article as well?

If your Windows PC doesn't recognize your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Is your iPhone updated to iOS 15.3?

Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

We look forward to learning more about your issue.

Take care.

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Feb 1, 2022 12:04 PM in response to CSchindt76

Hi CSchindt76,

Thank you for participating in the Apple Support Communities. We understand your iPhone is not being recognized by iTunes, and we'd like to assist. It sounds like you've come from a helpful article:

If your computer doesn't recognize your iPhone, iPad, or iPod

Have you tried all the steps in this article as well?

If your Windows PC doesn't recognize your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Is your iPhone updated to iOS 15.3?

Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

We look forward to learning more about your issue.

Take care.

Feb 1, 2022 2:37 PM in response to bailier

Hello,

Yes I have tried all the steps outlined in both articles you provided, as well as made sure my phone was updated to iOS 15.3. The PC itself is recognizing that the iPhone is connected as it shows up in the device manager, as well as under "Devices and drives"; however, iTunes only recognizes the phone for roughly 5 seconds before it disconnects. I have run the iTunes diagnostic several times, and it reports back that there is no iPhone connected and every time it reports that itunes helper is not running.

I have reinstalled drivers, reinstalled iTunes, reset my phone to factory settings and even did a fresh install of windows 11.

I am at a total loss as to how to fix this.

0xe800000c error when in iTunes when connecting iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.