Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Beats Fit Pro Macbook Media issues

I have a pair of Beats Fit Pro, and have had them for a couple months now. I use them all the time between my Macbook, iPad, iPhone without issue until the past week. When I am connected to my Macbook and attempt to listen to music, or any media from a web page etc, it will only play out of my right ear. I can take out the right ear and it will play in the left, but quiet. but as soon as i put it back in it will only play out of the right again.

Here's a kicker, when I am on Teams/Zoom calls it works out of both ears.

I close out teams/zoom when i am done to see if that helps but it does not.

I have updated my software, reset the Beats, reset my bluetooth, repaired a million times, and I'm stumped and do not know what else to do.

I have other wireless headphones that connect and work out of both ears just fine with any type of media.

Anyone else experiencing this!?

MacBook Pro with Touch Bar

Posted on Feb 1, 2022 6:00 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 2, 2022 7:04 AM

Hello Jerms,

Thanks for choosing the Apple Support Communities. If we understand correctly, you are unable to hear out of one side of your Beats Fit Pro when connected to your Mac. We can understand why you'd reach out for a solution.

To start, have you checked your sound settings in System preferences to ensure the balance is set properly? Does this happen in Transparency mode, and in Noise Cancellation mode?

Also, let's see if this happens in safe mode.

How to use safe mode on your Mac - Apple Support

Let us know what you find, and we'll go from there.

Cheers!

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 2, 2022 7:04 AM in response to Jerms

Hello Jerms,

Thanks for choosing the Apple Support Communities. If we understand correctly, you are unable to hear out of one side of your Beats Fit Pro when connected to your Mac. We can understand why you'd reach out for a solution.

To start, have you checked your sound settings in System preferences to ensure the balance is set properly? Does this happen in Transparency mode, and in Noise Cancellation mode?

Also, let's see if this happens in safe mode.

How to use safe mode on your Mac - Apple Support

Let us know what you find, and we'll go from there.

Cheers!

Feb 2, 2022 9:41 AM in response to SnickZ.

Hello -

So when i am listening to any media such as Apple Music, YouTube or any other video/sound coming from a website or part of my macbook, it only plays out of the right ear. If i am on a MS Teams Call, or Zoom call it comes out of both.

I just went into Sound Preferences and adjusting the balance. I'm embarrassed that was the issue and I did not check it before reaching out. I searched the internet high and low for an answer :)

Thank you for your help!

Beats Fit Pro Macbook Media issues

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.