Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Phishing Link

I clicked a link in a phishing text and entered my bank username and password. I immediately changed my username and password. Is my phone at risk at all? Do I need to do anything else?

iPhone 13 Pro Max, 15

Posted on Feb 1, 2022 9:08 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 1, 2022 10:23 PM

rachel.rhodes87 Said:

"Phishing Link: I clicked a link in a phishing text and entered my bank username and password. I immediately changed my username and password. Is my phone at risk at all? Do I need to do anything else?"

-------

Troubleshooting Phishing Scams:

Two Things:

A. Take a Screenshot and Get Info:

See my User Tip: Using the Photos App to Report Scams - User Tips.

B: Modifying your Credentials:

Having interacting with this message, in some manor? Consider modifying your credentials, ASAP

Similar questions

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 1, 2022 10:23 PM in response to rachel.rhodes87

rachel.rhodes87 Said:

"Phishing Link: I clicked a link in a phishing text and entered my bank username and password. I immediately changed my username and password. Is my phone at risk at all? Do I need to do anything else?"

-------

Troubleshooting Phishing Scams:

Two Things:

A. Take a Screenshot and Get Info:

See my User Tip: Using the Photos App to Report Scams - User Tips.

B: Modifying your Credentials:

Having interacting with this message, in some manor? Consider modifying your credentials, ASAP

Feb 2, 2022 8:26 PM in response to rachel.rhodes87

rachel.rhodes87 Said:

"Ok thanks. I called them immediately and they did some thing on their end but told me to check my phone for viruses."

-------

You are welcome.

Who exactly did you call? I'm shocked that Apple would tell you to check your iPhone for viruses. Apple wouldn't suggest that, unless it is a huge mess. That being said, this almost comes across as a scam. So, who did you contact? Was it Apple? "Yes" or "No"?

Apple's Contact info:

Note: Phone calls are taking a bit to go through at the moment, due to lots of calls. And that makes sense because with the Coronavirus Pandemic, many are at home at the moment, with much time on their hands to contact Apple. So, just stay on the line, and you will get through :)

Phishing Link

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.