You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

đź’ˇ Did you know?

General and ongoing cleaning can help you maintain your AirPods or AirPods Pro.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can you return opened AirPods to Apple (UK)?

I used to have a pair of 2nd generation AirPods, but had to get rid of them because they wouldn't fit securely in my ears. The 3rd generation AirPods look like a much better fit, but my local Apple stores are only serving people from the front of the store due to Covid restrictions. Ideally I would like to try on a pair before buying, but this has been made difficult by these restrictions.

If I ordered a pair from the Apple store online, can I return the opened AirPods for a full refund if they don't fit me properly? I know Apple has the 14 day returns policy, but am not sure whether it will apply to opened products.

Posted on Feb 2, 2022 3:44 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 2, 2022 2:42 PM

jasonrose98 Said:

"Can you return opened AirPods to Apple (UK)?: [...]If I ordered a pair from the Apple store online, can I return the opened AirPods for a full refund if they don't fit me properly? I know Apple has the 14 day returns policy, but am not sure whether it will apply to opened products.[...]"

-------

Ask About Returning Via Mail:

Contact Apple, requesting that they send you a box to return these in via mail. They may or may not do so. With COVID, however, I would expect them to be a little more understanding about not being able to get into the Apple Store quickly being an issue, when it comes to making a return on time.

Apple Support Contact Info:

Note: Phone calls are taking a bit to go through at the moment, due to lots of calls. With the Coronavirus Pandemic, many are at home at the moment, with much time on their hands to contact Apple. So, just stay on the line, and you will get through :)

Using a Trade-In Kit:

You'd use the prepaid send-in kit they send you. It has a prepaid sticker included with it. Go Here: Apple Trade in - Apple Support

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Feb 2, 2022 2:42 PM in response to jasonrose98

jasonrose98 Said:

"Can you return opened AirPods to Apple (UK)?: [...]If I ordered a pair from the Apple store online, can I return the opened AirPods for a full refund if they don't fit me properly? I know Apple has the 14 day returns policy, but am not sure whether it will apply to opened products.[...]"

-------

Ask About Returning Via Mail:

Contact Apple, requesting that they send you a box to return these in via mail. They may or may not do so. With COVID, however, I would expect them to be a little more understanding about not being able to get into the Apple Store quickly being an issue, when it comes to making a return on time.

Apple Support Contact Info:

Note: Phone calls are taking a bit to go through at the moment, due to lots of calls. With the Coronavirus Pandemic, many are at home at the moment, with much time on their hands to contact Apple. So, just stay on the line, and you will get through :)

Using a Trade-In Kit:

You'd use the prepaid send-in kit they send you. It has a prepaid sticker included with it. Go Here: Apple Trade in - Apple Support

Can you return opened AirPods to Apple (UK)?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.