Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Laptop getting Black Screen and Auto Shutdown after updating to Monterey 12.2

Within one or two minutes after opening my laptop, it's getting blank screen and then shutting down automatically even I have more than 50% of battery. Its happening after updating to MacOs Monterey 12.2

1) I have more than 50% of Battery after opening my laptop

2) Within one or two minutes after opening my MacBook, its getting black screen and shutting down automatically. Then I tried to Start the system without power charger but it shows following status:

3) I can start the system after connecting power charger and got following message. However, following message does't show all the time.

Is there any solution for this?

I am suspecting software bugs because of Monterey 12.2 since above problem started after updating to Monterey 12.2

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 12.2

Posted on Feb 2, 2022 10:07 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 7, 2022 1:28 AM

Your battery is oK.

Try booting to Safe Mode. That boot up takes minutes and clears caches and other things that may resolve your problem.

How to use safe mode on your Mac - Apple Support

A lot of times just boot to Safe Mode followed by normal boot resolves problems.

Next try download and run this app so we can find more information about your installation.

https://etrecheck.com/upgrade

It shows what is launched and other information and is very useful in finding causes of problems. After you first launch the app make sure you check Enable full disk access in the box in lower left.

After running the app use the app's feature to paste to clipboard. Then paste it in the text box for a reply in this forum click on the addition text icon. This is because the normal reply text box limits how much you can type.

o personal identifiable information is contained if the app output. The app was written for a person who is contributor to these Apple Support Communities

Similar questions

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 7, 2022 1:28 AM in response to peley

Your battery is oK.

Try booting to Safe Mode. That boot up takes minutes and clears caches and other things that may resolve your problem.

How to use safe mode on your Mac - Apple Support

A lot of times just boot to Safe Mode followed by normal boot resolves problems.

Next try download and run this app so we can find more information about your installation.

It shows what is launched and other information and is very useful in finding causes of problems. After you first launch the app make sure you check Enable full disk access in the box in lower left.

After running the app use the app's feature to paste to clipboard. Then paste it in the text box for a reply in this forum click on the addition text icon. This is because the normal reply text box limits how much you can type.

o personal identifiable information is contained if the app output. The app was written for a person who is contributor to these Apple Support Communities

Feb 3, 2022 12:48 AM in response to peley

Download and run this app so we can find more information about your installation.

The report includes battery information since maybe your battery failed.

Feb 6, 2022 7:17 PM in response to lllaass

Battery Information:

Model Information:

Manufacturer: SMP

Device Name: bq20z451

Pack Lot Code: 0

PCB Lot Code: 0

Firmware Version: 901

Hardware Revision: 1

Cell Revision: 3667

Charge Information:

Fully Charged: No

Charging: No

Full Charge Capacity (mAh): 3692

State of Charge (%): 67

Health Information:

Cycle Count: 596

Condition: Normal

System Power Settings:

AC Power:

System Sleep Timer (Minutes): 1

Disk Sleep Timer (Minutes): 10

Display Sleep Timer (Minutes): 10

Wake on AC Change: No

Wake on Clamshell Open: Yes

Wake on LAN: Yes

AutoPowerOff Delay: 259200

AutoPowerOff Enabled: 1

Display Sleep Uses Dim: Yes

Hibernate Mode: 3

LowPowerMode: 0

PrioritizeNetworkReachabilityOverSleep: 0

Battery Power:

System Sleep Timer (Minutes): 1

Disk Sleep Timer (Minutes): 10

Display Sleep Timer (Minutes): 15

Wake on AC Change: No

Wake on Clamshell Open: Yes

AutoPowerOff Delay: 259200

AutoPowerOff Enabled: 1

Current Power Source: Yes

Display Sleep Uses Dim: Yes

Hibernate Mode: 3

LowPowerMode: 0

Reduce Brightness: Yes

Hardware Configuration:

UPS Installed: No

AC Charger Information:

Connected: No

Charging: No

Power Events:

Next Scheduled Events:

appPID: 349

Type: Wake

Scheduled By: com.apple.alarm.user-visible-Weekly Usage Report

Time: 2/14/22, 4:48 AM

UserVisible: 0

Laptop getting Black Screen and Auto Shutdown after updating to Monterey 12.2

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.