Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot sign into iCloud on Windows 11 PC

When I try to sign into iCloud on a Windows 11 PC I get the error "You cannot sign into iCloud because there was a problem verifying the identity of the Mac. Trey restarting your Mac and signing in".

To confirm this is a Windows PC and NOT a Mac. I have tried rebooting and reinstalling iCloud but nothing works. Any ideas?

Windows, Windows 6

Posted on Feb 3, 2022 2:37 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 3, 2022 8:46 AM

Same - Tried on Windows 10 and Windows 11, different Apple IDs including legacy without two-factor authentication. Identical error messages, "You cannot sign into iCloud because there was a problem verifying the identity of the Mac. Try restarting your Mac and signing in".

I can sign into iCloud via web browser and I can sign into iCloud using the Win7/8 .exe installation of iCloud on a Windows 8.1 PC.

19 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 3, 2022 8:46 AM in response to jfheather

Same - Tried on Windows 10 and Windows 11, different Apple IDs including legacy without two-factor authentication. Identical error messages, "You cannot sign into iCloud because there was a problem verifying the identity of the Mac. Try restarting your Mac and signing in".

I can sign into iCloud via web browser and I can sign into iCloud using the Win7/8 .exe installation of iCloud on a Windows 8.1 PC.

Feb 3, 2022 11:28 AM in response to CirrusWRX

I have the same issue with a brand new LG computer with Windows 11. Same error code, "You cannot sign into iCloud because there was a problem verifying the identity of the Mac. Try restarting your Mac and signing in". I have uninstalled and retarted several times. I can log into icloud on browser so I know password is ok.

Is this just a "today" issues?

Cannot sign into iCloud on Windows 11 PC

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.