Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Right Click Issue with my apple mouse 2 after updating my mac to Monterey

I can use the right-click option by pressing the control key with a click, but right-click option disappeared and am not really comfortable with it... is this change were made on purpose or is it an error caused by this update?

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.14

Posted on Feb 3, 2022 8:40 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 3, 2022 10:03 AM

It reset back to default after the upgrade. Normally the mouse option is set to only right click when holding the Ctrl key like you said. In order to set it back to your preferred setting you have to navigate to the top left of the screen where you see the apple logo:

> System Preferences > Mouse > Choose “Click on the right side” or “Click on the left side” to secondary click (or Control-click) items on the screen.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 3, 2022 10:03 AM in response to ppppppeeeeeeettttteer

It reset back to default after the upgrade. Normally the mouse option is set to only right click when holding the Ctrl key like you said. In order to set it back to your preferred setting you have to navigate to the top left of the screen where you see the apple logo:

> System Preferences > Mouse > Choose “Click on the right side” or “Click on the left side” to secondary click (or Control-click) items on the screen.

Right Click Issue with my apple mouse 2 after updating my mac to Monterey

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.