Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Right click (two finger tap) on trackpad does not work as previously, instead it shows desktop.

Right after upgrading to Monterey 12.5, when I tap with two fingers on my trackpad, it shows desktop instead of functioning like a "regular" right click (e.g. bring up context menus etc.).

How can I restore the "regular" functionality of right clicking?

I can only do so now when I hit Ctrl+tap.

I have an M1 Macbook Pro (2020).

In my trackpad preferences I have selected "Secondary click"-> "Click or tap with two fingers".

I have also reset the mission control preferences.

Thanks in advance,

C.

Posted on Jul 26, 2022 5:35 PM

Similar questions

5 replies

Jul 27, 2022 2:11 AM in response to berberchristos

No worries about removing it. Over time it will be marked as Inactive until Apple does a cleanup of the Forums and then, maybe it will disappear.

Just to basically close this question to other paying much attention to the question - suggest you mark your Own answer above as " Resolved " This will give it a Green Badge to you reply. That usually will allow others to not spend too much time exploring the question.

Bye the Bye - good work on self troubling shooting and finding the solution 🇨🇦

Right click (two finger tap) on trackpad does not work as previously, instead it shows desktop.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.