Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I want an older than the last backup from iCloud

My iPhone 11 screen quit working,we tried for hours,so went to Best Buy and transferred my SIM card to my old iPhone 6s while I was deciding which way to go, keep the 6s or buy a new iPhone 13.Cost to repair iPhone 11 was going to be $399.00,and a new 13 was $699.00 at Best Buy.I have my Dexcom G6 app and the app for my InPen on my phone to manage my type one diabetes insulin dosing,so my phone is my life line. I decided to go with a new iPhone 13 at BestBuy about 2 days later.When the tech set it up,they must have gone with the most recent backup from my 6s and had all my older stuff before I transferred to my iPhone 11. I’d like to get the last backup before the 11 went bad because it has all my current stuff on it.How can do this? Help would be greatly appreciated.

iPhone 13

Posted on Feb 5, 2022 3:28 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 5, 2022 5:31 AM

You only have one backup for a device, unless you have taken an archive of the previous backups on iTunes. Every time you take a backup the data is overwritten (Added/Deleted) based on the data on the iPhone. This is true for both iCloud and iTunes.

In other words, your backup has the same data as that of your device at the time the backup was taken.

iTunes/iCloud backup stores only what you have on your device.

Each time you take a backup the data is either Added / Deleted based on what is available on your device. In other words, you only have one backup at any given time for a device.

However, in iTunes, you may archive an old backup and create a fresh one. --> Create Multiple backups on iTunes for the same iOS / iPad devices

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 5, 2022 5:31 AM in response to Wayne Keating

You only have one backup for a device, unless you have taken an archive of the previous backups on iTunes. Every time you take a backup the data is overwritten (Added/Deleted) based on the data on the iPhone. This is true for both iCloud and iTunes.

In other words, your backup has the same data as that of your device at the time the backup was taken.

iTunes/iCloud backup stores only what you have on your device.

Each time you take a backup the data is either Added / Deleted based on what is available on your device. In other words, you only have one backup at any given time for a device.

However, in iTunes, you may archive an old backup and create a fresh one. --> Create Multiple backups on iTunes for the same iOS / iPad devices

I want an older than the last backup from iCloud

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.