Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

new iMac won't pair with iPad Pro

new iMac 24 will not pair with my iPad Pro. Bluetooth will not connect my new iMac to my iPad Pro. iPad Tell me that it is not supported.All software up to date on both devices.

Suggestings

iMac 24″, macOS 12.2

Posted on Feb 5, 2022 11:35 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 5, 2022 2:24 PM

You cannot make a straight Bluetooth connection between an iPad and a Mac. As you have learned, that is not supported. You can, however, use the iPad in SideCar mode to your iMac. You can also Mirror your iPad’s screen to your iMac.

Is there anything in particular that you were/are looking to do when you first intended to Bluetooth pair your iPad to the iMac?

Axel F.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 5, 2022 2:24 PM in response to ponyexpress

You cannot make a straight Bluetooth connection between an iPad and a Mac. As you have learned, that is not supported. You can, however, use the iPad in SideCar mode to your iMac. You can also Mirror your iPad’s screen to your iMac.

Is there anything in particular that you were/are looking to do when you first intended to Bluetooth pair your iPad to the iMac?

Axel F.

new iMac won't pair with iPad Pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.