Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Screen time jammed on kids device

I can adjust screen time ‘content and privacy restrictions’ on my iPhone 10 ph but on kids iPhone 8 he has Access to everything and the switch for ‘content and privacy’ in screen time is faded and won’t let me turn it on or off.

Please apple this is really bad as my kid is staying up all night and I can’t prevent it.

On my phone all the restrictions are in place- it’s strange as my other child has iPhone 7 and there are none of these problems

any one know why the screen time button would be jammed on child’s phone?

Posted on Feb 5, 2022 9:01 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 5, 2022 9:09 PM

Thanks Deggie. It was a second hand IPhone belonging to his sister. However it was working fine on screen time for over 6 months. Then around December this happened- so I was wondering if it was something the kids have worked out to do to bypass screen time

3 replies

Feb 5, 2022 9:13 PM in response to concierta

Yes, they probably installed a managed phone profile to allow them to install side-loaded applications which is now preventing you from accessing screen time. Make a Genius Bar appointment and take the phone in and ask them to wipe it and set it up as a new device and then help you set the Screen Time password.

Screen time jammed on kids device

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.