Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Image Capture 9921 Error Message

I have a MacBook Air running MacOS Monterey. When trying to scan from an HP Laserjet Pro MFP M277dw I get an error message "The operation could not be completed (com.apple.imagecapture error 4294957375.) (-9921). I have restored the HP Printer back to factory settings and removed and re-added the printer on the Mac but the issue persists. Any suggestions to resolve?

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 12.1

Posted on Feb 7, 2022 4:11 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 7, 2022 10:40 AM

If all else fails try the demo version of VueScan. It's an excellent and powerful 3rd party scanning app and works with many, many scanners.

3 replies

Feb 7, 2022 9:34 AM in response to wilbur9999

Did you update to the Easy Start drivers date Jan 27, 2022

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-color-laserjet-mfp-m277-series/7089945/model/7089949

Does the printer still print OK?

When did this problem start?

What did you do before it started?

Try booting to Safe Mode. That boot up takes minutes and clears caches and other things that may resolve your problem.

How to use safe mode on your Mac - Apple Support

A lot of times just boot to Safe Mode followed by normal boot resolves problems.

Image Capture 9921 Error Message

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.