Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Yahoo Mail IMAP in Apple Mail truncating inbox

Recently, I’ve noticed that my Yahoo! Mail on apple mail app (Mac and ios) has removed historic messages. It seems like it is limiting my inbox to 10,000 messages and purging any older messages as new ones arrive. This behavior began about 3 days ago. I have searched apple and yahoo forums for others with similar issues, but have found none. I have yahoo mail in outlook and it all appears. Also yahoo mail on their web client all appears in tact. I’d like to have all my mail in apple mail Client, but this is not searchable if historic notes are missing? Thanks in advance for your support.

MacBook Pro with Touch Bar

Posted on Feb 7, 2022 12:49 PM

Similar questions

4 replies

Feb 7, 2022 3:40 PM in response to lllaass

The e-mails are available on yahoo, and as a test, I configured outlook on Mac and I can see “missing messages”. Ironically, if I select mailbox info on Mac, in apple mail, the number of items in inbox is 10000 exactly. It is same on my wife’s account too. Something changed in either apple handling of yahoo or how yahoo sends imap to apple.

I'm just trying to see if it is a larger problem impacting others and how they are addressing it.

thanks again for your help

Yahoo Mail IMAP in Apple Mail truncating inbox

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.