Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Peacock Streaming

I used to be able to stream peacock on Safari, then all the sudden it stopped working. I have already cleared my cache/history. I have tried logging out and back in. I have used different wifi's and cell service. I have restarted all of safari and my mac. I have no problem streaming on my iPhone through the app. I have already contacted Peacock to see is there is an issue on their side. I am at a dead end. Anyone else having this issue? Any suggestions?

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Feb 9, 2022 9:43 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 17, 2022 2:14 PM

I had the same issue. A month ago I was told to open a private window on Safari and that seemed to work ok then. Today I ran into the issue again and the private window did not help. The chat support suggested clearing cache (obviously a pointless and annoying exercise) and suggested I use Chrome. Chrome works and I suspect (input anyone?) that the issue is that the privacy of Safari is blocking info that Peacock is trying to sell but that they can get away with it on Chrome.

Similar questions

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 17, 2022 2:14 PM in response to dunesp4

I had the same issue. A month ago I was told to open a private window on Safari and that seemed to work ok then. Today I ran into the issue again and the private window did not help. The chat support suggested clearing cache (obviously a pointless and annoying exercise) and suggested I use Chrome. Chrome works and I suspect (input anyone?) that the issue is that the privacy of Safari is blocking info that Peacock is trying to sell but that they can get away with it on Chrome.

Feb 10, 2022 9:16 AM in response to dunesp4

Greetings dunesp4,

We understand that you are having some difficulty streaming with one service, and we'd like to help. Since the issue is isolated to this single streaming service, we recommend that you continue working with that service directly, after following the torubelshoting steps found here:

If Safari on Mac doesn't open a webpage or isn’t working as expected

Take care.

Feb 11, 2022 8:18 PM in response to dunesp4

Facing the same issue here. The login page fails to load. Inspecting the console shows a huge number of errors. Not sure if the logs contain any identifiable information so I'm not pasting it here but I am seeing a bunch of these errors:

[Error] XMLHttpRequest cannot load https://rango.id.peacocktv.com/signin/service/international due to access control checks.

In general most of the errors are network and security policy based.

UPDATE: Now the sign in page isn't loading on Chrome as well. Seems to be an issue with Peacock. The app on my iPhone works fine. I guess it has to do something with the CORS policy enforced by both these browsers based on the logs.

Monterey 12.2.1

Peacock Streaming

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.