Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Airpod pro (gen2) case does not hold charge

When I open the case of the defective case, it indicates in is 1% charged or doesn’t display on the paired device. After reading other support threads to reset the case and clean the case such as lighting connection and contacts within the case… I placed my AirPods in another working case and it charged! Only option I have not tried is wireless pad charging the case. Anything else to try short of buying another set of Airpofs for the case?! Thank you!

Posted on Feb 9, 2022 1:44 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 9, 2022 7:28 PM

Just to be clear, it sounds to manlike you want to replace the case - not there AirPods. See the 'Replace a missing AirPod or charging case' section in:

Find your lost AirPods - Apple Support

Make sure the charging port is clear off any debris. See the 'Clean the case of your AirPods or AirPods Pro' section in:

How to clean your AirPods, AirPods Pro, AirPods Max, and EarPods - Apple Support

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 9, 2022 7:28 PM in response to weinluan

Just to be clear, it sounds to manlike you want to replace the case - not there AirPods. See the 'Replace a missing AirPod or charging case' section in:

Find your lost AirPods - Apple Support

Make sure the charging port is clear off any debris. See the 'Clean the case of your AirPods or AirPods Pro' section in:

How to clean your AirPods, AirPods Pro, AirPods Max, and EarPods - Apple Support

Feb 9, 2022 11:38 PM in response to weinluan

weinluan Said:

"Airpod pro (gen2) case does not hold charge: When I open the case of the defective case, it indicates in is 1% charged or doesn’t display on the paired device."

-------

Troubleshooting AirPods Charge:

A. A Few Links to Visit:

B. Try the Following Tasks:

• Hold Down the Button on the case for about 15 seconds.

• Use an Apple Brand Cable - not a third party one - cool though it may look, a fabric, third-part cable would likely tear - (Apple cable's are plastic and are intended for Apple)

• Remove the AirPod from the Case, then place it back in the charger. Perhaps it need to resync with he charger.

C. Clear Debris:

Using a cotton swab, mush it around the charging case, without punching tightly. See if Earwax and such is removed.

Airpod pro (gen2) case does not hold charge

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.