Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't delete a photo attachment

When composing an email on iMac Mojave Apple mail with a photo... before sending.... and then deciding I want to delete the photo and wanting to add a different photo, I cannot delete the photo. When I go to.... Message>Remove Attachment... it is greyed out so I have to completely close out the existing email and recompose a new one with a different photo. Seems by clicking on the photo, I should be able to click on 'Remove Attachment' and that should delete it but 'Remove Attachment' is not operational. Does anyone now of another way..... or do I have to always recompose a new email each time I want to change my photo? Somewhere I read something about something might need attention in the Library but I have no idea how or what to do that regard. Can't imagine why 'Remove Attachment' would be greyed out. Thanks for any help anyone can provide.

iMac 21.5″, macOS 10.13

Posted on Feb 10, 2022 12:45 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 11, 2022 1:19 PM

Hello bgrant11,

Thanks for reaching out to Apple Support Communities. Upon review of your post, it seems that you have questions about removing attachments in your Mac mail. We can see why you’d want this clarified, so let us help from here! Let’s start by reviewing the following article which may help: View, save, or delete email attachments in Mail on Mac. The ‘remove attachments’ feature is used to remove all attachments on a sent letter, not one still in the editing phase. To delete an attachment there without having to close the app, just select the attachment and tap your delete button, or out the cursor right after it in the email body and tap delete there.

Please let us know if you have follow up questions, so we can continue assisting. Take care!

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 11, 2022 1:19 PM in response to bgrant11

Hello bgrant11,

Thanks for reaching out to Apple Support Communities. Upon review of your post, it seems that you have questions about removing attachments in your Mac mail. We can see why you’d want this clarified, so let us help from here! Let’s start by reviewing the following article which may help: View, save, or delete email attachments in Mail on Mac. The ‘remove attachments’ feature is used to remove all attachments on a sent letter, not one still in the editing phase. To delete an attachment there without having to close the app, just select the attachment and tap your delete button, or out the cursor right after it in the email body and tap delete there.

Please let us know if you have follow up questions, so we can continue assisting. Take care!

Can't delete a photo attachment

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.