Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook Air M1 2020 Monterey 12.1 Does not detect second and third monitor at the same time

I have a MacBook Air M1 2020 Monterey 12.1, when I upgraded to this version I first had a problem where my second monitor was detecting the dimensions of 1920x1080, and my monitor is 1600x900 AOC 2036, I solved this problem by downloading the SwitchResX program that manages changing the default dimension to 1600x900 which fixed my first problem.

I bought a new adapter to use a third monitor that is also a 1600x900 AOC 2036, but when I turn it on, the macbook does not recognize it.

I'll call them Monitor 1 and Monitor 2

If I disconnect Monitor 1, Monitor 2 starts working and vice versa. (Proving it's not a problem with USB-C to HDMI adapters)

Apparently the Mac is recognizing the 2 as the same, which is causing conflict

I've tried resetting NVRAM, SMC and etc, but it didn't work.

Posted on Feb 10, 2022 6:04 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 10, 2022 6:07 PM

The M1Chip Macs only support one external display. The M1 Pro and M1 Max chip Macs support multiple external displays.

Similar questions

1 reply

MacBook Air M1 2020 Monterey 12.1 Does not detect second and third monitor at the same time

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.