Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Weather app - disappearing locations

On iPhone 6, Software version 12.5.5, I keep losing locations I input on the Apple Weather app.. In 2019 I added about 8 locations and they were always there, rain or shine! After over two years, the locations disappeared and three others keep appearing: Ottawa, Montreal and Toronto. I don't want any of these. I have tried various suggestions such as removing the app, restarting the phone, re-adding the app, etc. but nothing seems to work. Any further suggestions?

iPhone 6, iOS 12

Posted on Feb 12, 2022 2:21 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 13, 2022 11:45 AM

Hey WhitherWeather,

It appears that your saved locations in the Weather app keep disappearing and being replaced by locations you never added. You've taken some great steps with your iPhone 6 already. From here, you can contact Apple Support for further assistance here: Contact Apple Support

Take care!

5 replies

Feb 14, 2022 2:44 AM in response to WhitherWeather

I have a 5S running the same iOS (12.5.5) that mostly is being used as a late night podcast player and ran into the same problem.

What seems to have fixed it was Location Services. Go to Settings -> Privacy -> Location Services and make sure the master switch is ON at the top then scroll down the list of apps to Weather and set it to Always. Even if its already on to Always, toggle it to Never then back.

I did that about a month ago and so far it hasn't lost the extra cities (Mine defaults to NYC and Cupertino).

Weather app - disappearing locations

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.