Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Battery health

I want to ask about the battery health if my iphones battery health is showing 89% and when i charged my phone its showing me 100%. It is 100% or 89% charged????

iPhone 11, iOS 15

Posted on Feb 13, 2022 11:39 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 13, 2022 9:44 PM

deggie wrote:
No, it isn't. Neil has answered it correctly, the current charge level is separate from the battery health.

What are you saying?

100% charge for a battery health of 80% is a lower charge than 100% with a battery health of 95%. How much energy there is with the percentage charge level is relative to the battery health. It's always been like that.

Some tools like coconutBattery will display current charge level in mAh. They list battery health the percentage of the full charge capacity relative to the design capacity. Current charge percentage level is relative to the full charge level.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 13, 2022 9:44 PM in response to deggie

deggie wrote:
No, it isn't. Neil has answered it correctly, the current charge level is separate from the battery health.

What are you saying?

100% charge for a battery health of 80% is a lower charge than 100% with a battery health of 95%. How much energy there is with the percentage charge level is relative to the battery health. It's always been like that.

Some tools like coconutBattery will display current charge level in mAh. They list battery health the percentage of the full charge capacity relative to the design capacity. Current charge percentage level is relative to the full charge level.

Battery health

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.