Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Macbook air power issue

Hi, I have a Macbook Air 13' 2017 and I am experiencing some power issues recently. The battery is at service level and whenever i unglug the cord, it shuts down immedietly. At first I was not worried as I thought it's just a battery issue, however I've been told that even the battery was supposed be replaced it should have had at least some charge so that it doesn't turn off immediately.

Let me add that the laptop has suffered through a liquid spill about 2 and half years ago and only the battery was damaged.

Does anyone have an idea if it really is just a battery issue or it could be something else and if there are ways to figgure out the issue before taking it to a service center ?

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 12.1

Posted on Feb 14, 2022 11:15 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 14, 2022 7:41 PM

Get help with your Mac notebook battery - Apple Support explains "Service Recommended" means just that: you can continue using your Mac with no ill effect, but in your case it seems it won't hold even a slight amount of charge.

Yes, it is likely the liquid damage affected components other than the battery, but from what you describe I think it's fairly certain the battery needs to be replaced. This is the reason Apple performs a thorough inspection and diagnosis before proceeding with what may be an unnecessary repair. Is authorized Apple service not available where you live?

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 14, 2022 7:41 PM in response to yavorfromvarna

Get help with your Mac notebook battery - Apple Support explains "Service Recommended" means just that: you can continue using your Mac with no ill effect, but in your case it seems it won't hold even a slight amount of charge.

Yes, it is likely the liquid damage affected components other than the battery, but from what you describe I think it's fairly certain the battery needs to be replaced. This is the reason Apple performs a thorough inspection and diagnosis before proceeding with what may be an unnecessary repair. Is authorized Apple service not available where you live?

Macbook air power issue

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.