Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Horizontal Lines on Mid 2017 MacBook Pro (Re-Thread)

I was hoping there had been a fix for this yet. There was a thread at https://discussions.apple.com/thread/251369620?login=true

but it was archived despite the amount to people having the issue. I was going to bring it in for repair but then I realized it it is a design issues as was suggested in the previous thread and at https://www.ifixit.com/Answers/View/627945/Horizontal+Lines+on+MacBook+Pro+2017

then, getting a new lcd repair would be a temporary and costly fix if it is still designed the same way.

I did try reseting the SMC and PRAM but it didn't help. I don't have an HDMI adapter that works at the moment so I can't test it out on a monitor but airplay sends things to the Apple TV just fine.

I'm currently surrounded by apple products right now Apple TV, iWatch, iPhone, iPad, HomePod, magic keyboard and mouse, superdrive, Apple Pencil, and AirPods Pro, so I feel like at this point, taking care of the loyal customers when there's an obvious design issue, should maybe kinda be a thing.

OR

at least an option for repair that's not going to be a temporary fix. Especially since it' going to cost $400 buck to replace the LCD Assembly with the same exact faulty part.

Posted on Feb 15, 2022 8:50 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 19, 2022 8:19 AM

sleeplessdreamer wrote:

I was hoping there had been a fix for this yet.

I did try reseting the SMC and PRAM but it didn't help. I don't have an HDMI adapter that works at the moment so I can't test it out on a monitor but airplay sends things to the Apple TV just fine.

I'm currently surrounded by apple products right now Apple TV, iWatch, iPhone, iPad, HomePod, magic keyboard and mouse, superdrive, Apple Pencil, and AirPods Pro, so I feel like at this point, taking care of the loyal customers when there's an obvious design issue, should maybe kinda be a thing.

OR

at least an option for repair that's not going to be a temporary fix. Especially since it' going to cost $400 buck to replace the LCD Assembly with the same exact faulty part.

An external monitor is a work-a-round if you can not justify the repair cost,

or you can trade it in: Apple Trade In

you can submit your Apple Feedback Product Feedback - Apple

Learn how to get your Mac fixed and how much it will cost. Mac Repair - Official Apple Support

Get your Mac ready for service - Apple Support Get your Mac ready for service - Apple Support

Check your coverage

My Support - Official Apple Support

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 19, 2022 8:19 AM in response to sleeplessdreamer

sleeplessdreamer wrote:

I was hoping there had been a fix for this yet.

OR

An external monitor is a work-a-round if you can not justify the repair cost,

or you can trade it in: Apple Trade In

you can submit your Apple Feedback Product Feedback - Apple

Learn how to get your Mac fixed and how much it will cost. Mac Repair - Official Apple Support

Get your Mac ready for service - Apple Support Get your Mac ready for service - Apple Support

Check your coverage

My Support - Official Apple Support

Horizontal Lines on Mid 2017 MacBook Pro (Re-Thread)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.