You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Different background on startup. Is this a bug?

Hello!

When I boot my Mac Book Pro M1 Max (32gb) witnh Mac Os Monterey 12.1 I see a different background than what it's on my settings. I don't understand how to manage it.

In my settings I choosed to set background to "Monterey background (dark still)"

At startup and at user logout/login the screen change to "Chroma Red (light still)".

The "wrong" background appears in two situations:

First: When I boot up the computer, i have the wrong background (Chroma red) on login screen (video 00:17) till i do login, then the desktop appears with the correct one (Monterey - video 00:39)

Second: When i log out the user the login screen appears with the wrong background (Chroma red) and change automatically to the correct on for a fraction o a second (Monterey - video 01:18).

How to set always the same and to solve the issue?

Bests, To )m.

[Link Edited by Moderator]

MacBook Pro 16″, macOS 12.1

Posted on Feb 20, 2022 7:19 AM

7 replies

Feb 21, 2022 9:22 AM in response to muguy

Hello Muguy,

are you sure?

I try to attach here the frames.

When I log out my user, the reaction on screen is a short transition trough the screenshots attached here (image 1 to 5).

The 5 steps appear all in a second automatically.

It seams to me strange the system don't manage one single background but flicker from one to other.

Isn't it?

[Image Edited by Moderator to Remove Personal Information]

Feb 20, 2022 7:56 AM in response to a brody

Yes, I'm talking about the "background of the startup screen", but this also appears for a fraction of a second when I log out and log in my user.

I'm not using multiple display right now and the issue appears in both situations (with external display and without).

I did a video but the it was deleted by the community moderator, don't know why.

Different background on startup. Is this a bug?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.