📢 Newsroom Update

The iPhone 16 and iPhone 16 Pro lineups, Apple Watch Series 10, the new black titanium Apple Watch Ultra 2, AirPods 4, and new colors for AirPods Max are now available! Learn more >

You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

URGENT HELP ME MY MAC WONT LOAD ACCOUNT I NEED IT URGENTLY

So I enabled FileVault a week ago but I wanted to disable is but it shutdown mid decrypt and I kept using it as normal and it worked fine but all of a sudden today it boots in verbose mode and it boots INSTANTLY normally it takes 30 seconds and the background is pure white and when I go log in it says my password is wrong and it is correct but it doesn’t work :( I can mount the drive in a different Mac OS install but when I boot into recovery mode it won’t load the drive so I can’t reinstall Mac OS. And when I boot the trackpad goes all weird but it’s hard to explain. Anyway sorry for poor English but please HELP!!!

yes I have ran first aid in disk utility multiple times and I have tried forget password reset I also can’t access guess account or brother account and I’ve reset NVRAM multiple times so please HELP URGENTLY!!!!

Posted on Feb 20, 2022 11:56 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 22, 2022 8:29 PM

Used Carbon Copy Cloner 5 to make a clone of my drive to see if it works and it did so I checked my internal broken drive and carbon copy cloner managed to fix my drive and disable FileVault like I wanted it to!

Similar questions

14 replies

Feb 21, 2022 7:49 PM in response to BDAqua

If I left my macbook pro on for a day or so on the log in screen on my Main Version (the one i cant log into at all or access from high sierra versions) would it automatically continue decrypting my drive or not? So when I boot into my main partition my Dad's account is no longer there and he is the main administrator (i am still a administrator) but when filevault asks me to unlock account it has a long string of random letters e.g. FHF8383-JFLDF2828 and so on for a bit. Would that potentially be a temporary password?

Feb 22, 2022 8:24 PM in response to BDAqua

ITS FIXED! ITS FIXED!!! I managed to fix it! So I went to copy my internal drive (the broken one) using Carbon Copy Cloner 5 to a external drive to see if it works and it worked and I remembered it did something to my internal drive so I booted back into and instead of booting in 2 seconds and it not letting me log in and it have a broken background instead I was delighted to see that everything was back to normal!!! I checked to see if FileVault was off and it WAS!! So now EVERYTHING is fixed! Thanks for helping me try to fix my MacBook much much much thanks!

Sorry for annoyance, long useless replies, making this go on for TWO DAYS and wasting your time :)

Anyway I gotta to go enjoy my Mac now!!

URGENT HELP ME MY MAC WONT LOAD ACCOUNT I NEED IT URGENTLY

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.