Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't swipe photos from desktop

I get this message when I try to add a photo to a reply on Amazon. Operation not permitted” (NSPOSIXErrorDomain:1)

MacBook Pro 13″, 12.2

Posted on Feb 22, 2022 5:13 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 23, 2022 8:01 AM

if the reply accepts .jpeg's you shouod be able to drag ect the image to athe Amazon reply.

Try booting to Safe Mode. That boot up takes minutes and clears caches and other things that may resolve your problem.

How to use safe mode on your Mac - Apple Support

A lot of times just boot to Safe Mode followed by normal boot resolves problems.

8 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 23, 2022 8:01 AM in response to ellen153

if the reply accepts .jpeg's you shouod be able to drag ect the image to athe Amazon reply.

Try booting to Safe Mode. That boot up takes minutes and clears caches and other things that may resolve your problem.

How to use safe mode on your Mac - Apple Support

A lot of times just boot to Safe Mode followed by normal boot resolves problems.

Feb 23, 2022 6:18 AM in response to lllaass

The photo is on my desktop. When the problem started, I wasn't able to swipe it from Photos onto the desktop, and I was really worried, because I like to put things on the desktop if I'm going to use them. I did a restart, and then that worked again. Whew! I tried adding the photo to Word and Keynote and putting it in an email, and that all worked. Do you think the problem is just with Amazon? A customer had asked a question about a product that I had reviewed, and I wanted to include a photo, which I have done before. When I tried to select the photo from the Amazon popup, everything was grayed out. That's why I tried swiping it in. I finally sent in my reply without the photo.

Can't swipe photos from desktop

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.