Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Hotspot problems

1. MBP fails to connect to iPhone 11 pro. I have to take my phone out of my pocket, enable the hotspot and then connect from the MBP. Very frustrating... In 2022!!!
  2. iPhone chooses to turn its hotspot off on its own! "But it's to save battery life.." I'd like to be the judge of that thank you very much.
  3. I can't use my hotspot to do updates! On no Apple device. It used to be otherwise when I had my iPhone 7. Then -suddenly- it changed! Smells like agreements between internet service providers and Apple, because back then I didn't need a connection at home. I was using my phone for everything everywhere, and the download speed was around 10 Mbps.

Apple, these problems exist for years. One would think, keeping in mind what kind of company Apple is, that you want them to exist.

Regards

iPhone 11 Pro, iOS 15

Posted on Feb 24, 2022 12:16 AM

Similar questions

4 replies

Feb 24, 2022 12:50 AM in response to Mparmpamathios

Use these steps first

Restart the iPhone or iPad that provides Personal Hotspot and the other device that needs to connect to Personal Hotspot. Make sure that you have the latest version of iOS. On the iPhone or iPad that provides Personal Hotspot, go to Settings > General > Reset, then tap Reset Network Settings.

If Personal Hotspot is not working on your iPhone or iPad (Wi-Fi

The Hotspot is a carrier-specific feature. Contact your carrier, if it is not appearing on your device.

Meanwhile...

Check the following

1. Network coverage and stability
  2. Data Balance
  3. On your windows (See if WiFi Auto Joins is enabled)
  4. Also, check if you have any stronger WiFi signal around your computer.

Feb 24, 2022 12:51 AM in response to Mparmpamathios

You are addressing this to another user and not to Apple in this forum.

Apple Support Community Forum

This is Apple Support Community forum, primarily for a user to user interaction for information & idea sharing between users, if need be, extend support on technical know-how in handling Apple products from a more experienced fellow user, This is not the right forum to discuss with Apple Inc.

Hotspot problems

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.