Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to change the MacBook Pro login screen at startup?

There is a login screen that only appears after powering up my 16 inch 2021 MacBook Pro from a powered-off state. I strongly dislike the image and I'd like to change it to something else. Unfortunately, I cannot figure out how to do this. The answer seems to change for every macOS version and I have yet to find instructions for Monterrey.

To be clear, I'm not talking about the initial display of the white apple on the black screen, and I'm not talking about the login screen that appears after a restart. I'm talking about the login screen that only appears after powering up from a shutdown.

Anyone? Thanks.

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

MacBook Pro (2020 and later)

Posted on Feb 26, 2022 1:35 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 26, 2022 1:53 PM

Good afternoon,

Apple doesn't generally allow this change; however, if you're comfortable with editing files, I'll be happy to help. Before you get started, make sure macOS is up to date (if you don't know how to do this, reference the following: How to update macOS on your Mac via YouTube, Update macOS on Mac via Apple Support).

Follow this guide to begin https://www.howtoisolve.com/how-to-change-the-login-screen-background-mac-macbook/

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 26, 2022 1:53 PM in response to t.linn

Good afternoon,

Apple doesn't generally allow this change; however, if you're comfortable with editing files, I'll be happy to help. Before you get started, make sure macOS is up to date (if you don't know how to do this, reference the following: How to update macOS on your Mac via YouTube, Update macOS on Mac via Apple Support).

Follow this guide to begin https://www.howtoisolve.com/how-to-change-the-login-screen-background-mac-macbook/

How to change the MacBook Pro login screen at startup?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.