Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

bluetooth not working on macOs Monterey

Hello there, my bluetooth in MacBook Air 2020 is not working at all after macOS Monterey update... It says "MacBook is not supported'' in my iPhone.. I tried every possible way to fix it looking from YouTube ... Please helpbut it connects and disconnects within second... Please help...

Posted on Feb 27, 2022 4:29 PM

9 replies

Apr 1, 2022 7:56 AM in response to woodmeister50

That's not correct -- in order to use Air Drop to transfer pictures (for example) from your iPhone to your Mac, both Bluetooth and Wi-Fi must be turned on.

I'm having the exact same problem that Sleeping Mermaid described above: I'm using a 2020 13-inch MacBook Pro running MacOS 12.3 and an iPhone 12 Pro running iOS 15.4 and I have been unable to connect my iPhone to my MacBook Pro with Bluetooth ever since I upgraded to MacOS Monterey. With Big Sur and previous versions of MacOS, Bluetooth connection was fast and reliable, and I routinely used Air Drop to transfer photos from the phone to the Mac. But Monterey has completely broken Bluetooth! I can still transfer photos by using a cable connection between the phone and the Mac when I'm at home, but this is a hassle when I'm on travel.

Come on, Apple -- This problem has persisted for three "updates" to Monterey by now. Please fix it once and for all!

Apr 7, 2022 6:22 PM in response to photonwhiz

Well, live and learn! I had a very helpful chat with Apple Support this afternoon, and learned that the Continuity feature that's baked into Monterey enables easy Air Drop transfer of photos and other files between iOS devices and Macs without the need to actually pair the devices the way you used to. All that's needed is to have wi-fi and Bluetooth turned on for both devices, and then to transfer a photo (for example) from your iPhone to your Mac (or vice-versa), just select the photo, hit the share icon (a little square with an arrow on it), and then click on AirDrop. As long as the two devices are within about 30 feet of each other, the transfer then just happens, easy-peasy. The photo (or whatever file) will show up in your Downloads folder on the Mac, and from there you can just import it into whatever app is appropriate. So in a nutshell, specific Bluetooth pairing is no longer needed, and Air Drop just happens as long as your two devices can "talk" to each other. Good to know!

bluetooth not working on macOs Monterey

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.