Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I've lost my AOL account and can't bring it back in

Hi I'm Steve

Following the standard advice about problems with AOL mail not working properly via my mac mail, I deleted the AOL account and attempted to re-enter it but am now getting "unable to verify the username or password" message.

My iMac is 11 years old and I am led to believe that this is the root of the problem - something about my Mail app being too old for the AOL system to accept. Does anybody know a work around so i can view my AOL emails in Mac mail again?

iMac 21.5″, macOS 10.13

Posted on Mar 2, 2022 9:36 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 2, 2022 9:46 AM

stevehutch50 wrote:

Hi I'm Steve

Following the standard advice about problems with AOL mail not working properly via my mac mail, I deleted the AOL account and attempted to re-enter it but am now getting "unable to verify the username or password" message.
My iMac is 11 years old and I am led to believe that this is the root of the problem - something about my Mail app being too old for the AOL system to accept. Does anybody know a work around so i can view my AOL emails in Mac mail again?

You will need to contact AOL or look at their support site to troubleshoot, since it can't verify your user account.

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 2, 2022 9:46 AM in response to stevehutch50

stevehutch50 wrote:

Hi I'm Steve

You will need to contact AOL or look at their support site to troubleshoot, since it can't verify your user account.

I've lost my AOL account and can't bring it back in

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.