Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Flagged messages not showing in inbox

I am using Monterey 12.2.1 In the past when displaying all my messages, there used to be a flag next to the flagged messages. That no longer appears and the only way to see the flagged messages is to go to the side bar and click on the flagged message tab. I am not interested in always doing that and scanning through the messages. I really found it helpful to have a flag next to my message ij the inbox viewer screen. Any ideas? Whatever has been written before has not worked.

MacBook Air (2020 or later)

Posted on Mar 2, 2022 11:55 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 3, 2022 8:04 AM

Are you using " Use Column Layout " ?

If so in the " Subject " HEADER Right click the word Subject and a secondary Menu will appear. Then Enable Flags.

Notation: the Flag should appear much like in iOS at the End of the e-mail

3 replies

Mar 3, 2022 7:21 AM in response to larryfromsouthfield

larryfromsouthfield wrote:

I am using Monterey 12.2.1 In the past when displaying all my messages, there used to be a flag next to the flagged messages. That no longer appears and the only way to see the flagged messages is to go to the side bar and click on the flagged message tab. I am not interested in always doing that and scanning through the messages. I really found it helpful to have a flag next to my message ij the inbox viewer screen. Any ideas? Whatever has been written before has not worked.

see if there is anything here: Flag emails in Mail on Mac - Apple Support

From the Mail.app menu >Help>>Flags

Flagged messages not showing in inbox

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.