Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad Pro dead zone when using Apple Pencil 2

I've had my iPad 11in Pro 2nd Generation for over a year and a half. I now have a dead zone on the iPad when using the pencil. It's a vertical narrow strip when in landscape and in one particular area of the screen only. It's not a problem when using my finger so it has to be the pencil digitiser.

I've reset, checked the nib of the pencil, de-paired the pencil, laid the iPad flat with no case, removed any power etc and no luck.

Is there a solution to this or am I looking at a screen replacement?

iPad Pro, iPadOS 15

Posted on Mar 4, 2022 1:50 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 4, 2022 2:25 AM

You might be best advised to seek assistance from the Genius Bar at your local Apple Store or Apple Authorised Service Provider (AASP) - where the technicians will be able to assess and conduct “hands-on” testing of your iPad:

Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options - Apple

Alternatively, although less useful from the perspective of testing, you can contact the Apple Support Team using the Get Support link at top-right of this page. You can also initiate and manage your support cases using the excellent Apple Support App. If not already installed on your iPad, the App can be downloaded from the App Store:

https://apps.apple.com/gb/app/apple-support/id1130498044

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 4, 2022 2:25 AM in response to Roberto711

You might be best advised to seek assistance from the Genius Bar at your local Apple Store or Apple Authorised Service Provider (AASP) - where the technicians will be able to assess and conduct “hands-on” testing of your iPad:

Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options - Apple

Alternatively, although less useful from the perspective of testing, you can contact the Apple Support Team using the Get Support link at top-right of this page. You can also initiate and manage your support cases using the excellent Apple Support App. If not already installed on your iPad, the App can be downloaded from the App Store:

https://apps.apple.com/gb/app/apple-support/id1130498044

iPad Pro dead zone when using Apple Pencil 2

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.