Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Face ID not working anymore on iPhone 13 pro

Face ID no longer works after the latest iOS update. It doesn't recognize my face anymore and when I tried to reset Face ID and start over, it can't seem to find my face in the camera -- keeps saying 'reposition your face within the frame--your face is out of view'. I tried cleaning the special lens but that didn't help.

Any suggestions? If I erase the phone settings, will that wipe out the Verizon phone number assigned to it?

Posted on Mar 5, 2022 7:45 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 5, 2022 8:01 AM

If your Face ID is not working, see this, If Face ID isn't working on your iPhone or iPad Pro - Apple Support and this If an alert says Face ID has been disabled on your iPhone or iPad Pro - Apple Support. If neither help, then use the Get Support link at the top of the page here to contact Apple Support for service, or make a Genius Bar appointment at your nearest Apple Store. 

Erasing settings will not affect your phone number. That is on your SIM.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 5, 2022 8:01 AM in response to VisaJanet

If your Face ID is not working, see this, If Face ID isn't working on your iPhone or iPad Pro - Apple Support and this If an alert says Face ID has been disabled on your iPhone or iPad Pro - Apple Support. If neither help, then use the Get Support link at the top of the page here to contact Apple Support for service, or make a Genius Bar appointment at your nearest Apple Store. 

Erasing settings will not affect your phone number. That is on your SIM.

Face ID not working anymore on iPhone 13 pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.