Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unnaproved caller. Security agent may only be invoked by apple software

My screen is blocked with an “unnaproved caller. SecurityAgent may only be invoked by Apple software.” notification. I can’t turn off nor restart the computer. What do I do?

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 11.6

Posted on Mar 6, 2022 3:58 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 6, 2022 4:28 PM

Force shut down the computer by holding down the Power button until your MBA shuts down. Then reboot and see if the problem occurs again. If it does then report back and we can persue it further. But next time please read the following user tip and restate your question/problem in detail

Writing an Effective Apple Support Communities Question - Apple Community

That means what system and MBA year and model you're using, what you were doing when the problem occurred, what apps was running, etc.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 6, 2022 4:28 PM in response to Helena3araujo

Force shut down the computer by holding down the Power button until your MBA shuts down. Then reboot and see if the problem occurs again. If it does then report back and we can persue it further. But next time please read the following user tip and restate your question/problem in detail

Writing an Effective Apple Support Communities Question - Apple Community

That means what system and MBA year and model you're using, what you were doing when the problem occurred, what apps was running, etc.

Unnaproved caller. Security agent may only be invoked by apple software

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.