Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mold Smell: Brand New MacBook Pro

I just got a brand new MacBook Pro in the mail —directly from Apple. The inner box that was sealed with plastic smelled very powerfully of mold when I opened it. The outer brown box that it was shipped in didn't smell of mold, nor was it wet. The computer itself also smells of mold, even though I have had it sitting out overnight. I didn't see any desiccant pack in the inner box, which is presumably why it got moldy. I didn't see visible mold but the smell knocks one over. I have not migrated anything to it, because I figured I'd be sending it back, in that this is not what I expect from a brand new MacBook Pro from Apple. I live near an Apple Store and am considering returning it there. Thoughts?

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 12.1

Posted on Mar 7, 2022 7:05 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 7, 2022 7:16 AM

If you’re not happy, for whatever reason, take it to the store. Show the staff the problem and they’ll take it from there.

1 reply

Mold Smell: Brand New MacBook Pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.