Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

mold

I bought the MacBook Air from Costco and first the box smelled bad of mold so I opened it and the whole computer smells like mold. Is there anything I can use to get rid of the smell as I am allergic to mold and I don't want to have to take it back to Costco as it is not very close to me.

Posted on Dec 13, 2021 6:00 PM

Question marked as Best reply
10 replies

Jan 13, 2022 10:26 AM in response to TheLittles

I did purchase a C to C power cord replacement in December of 2021 and it reeked of mold. I tried to clean with bleach but the mold smell permeated the polymer cord. Apple replaced and zeroed out the charge. Second cord reeked- when I opened the mailing envelope the smell was there even before opening the box. I called again, and they said they would send another. I ordered THIRD one from target. The smell was there too, but less than the ones shipped from Apple. (I am in California and no apple store with in 100 miles). I called Apple again, they said they never heard of this. Told them to check the discussions. She offered ANOTHER cord replacement. I declined as I am filling up landfill with stinky apple cords. I asked her if there was another company cord I could use. She suggested Belkin C to C which I ordered. I wish they would be upfront and admit that somewhere along the supple chain, there is an issue with cords.

Dec 13, 2021 9:02 PM in response to djcorrigan

djcorrigan Said:

"mold: I bought the MacBook Air from Costco and first the box smelled bad of mold so I opened it and the whole computer smells like mold. Is there anything I can use to get rid of the smell as I am allergic to mold and I don't want to have to take it back to Costco as it is not very close to me."

-------

Return it:

Very close or not, I'd say take it back and return it. This time, however, purchase one from Apple. Also, contact Costco, asking if you can send it to them. That might be an option, being that Covid is going around, and showing up in-person is unfavorable to some of its customers.

mold

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.