Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I use the extension to the keyboard I bought with my new iMac Monterey?

How do I use the Extension (for adding, subtracting, etc.) to the keyboard that I bought with my new iMac Monterey? How do I turn it on?

iMac, OS X 10.10

Posted on Mar 7, 2022 10:51 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 7, 2022 11:37 AM

Nothing activates it. It works directly. You can use the numeric keypad to enter numbers in any app that receives text. You can use it with the default calculator App to enter numbers and operations for calculations if you want.

If you have to done so, pair the keyboard to the Mac by following the steps here: link-> Set up your Magic Keyboard, Magic Mouse, or Magic Trackpad with your Mac - Apple Support

It does not on its own open a calculator or do operations. It just adds keys for you to do that more conveniently when in apps that can take inputs or operations like the calculator app.

9 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 7, 2022 11:37 AM in response to Floann

Nothing activates it. It works directly. You can use the numeric keypad to enter numbers in any app that receives text. You can use it with the default calculator App to enter numbers and operations for calculations if you want.

If you have to done so, pair the keyboard to the Mac by following the steps here: link-> Set up your Magic Keyboard, Magic Mouse, or Magic Trackpad with your Mac - Apple Support

It does not on its own open a calculator or do operations. It just adds keys for you to do that more conveniently when in apps that can take inputs or operations like the calculator app.

How do I use the extension to the keyboard I bought with my new iMac Monterey?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.