You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can you daisy chain studio display

Is it possible to daisy chain 2 studio displays powered by a 2021 14' MacBook pro with M1 max?

MacBook Pro (2020 and later)

Posted on Mar 9, 2022 10:50 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Mar 9, 2022 11:44 PM

So basically to have two studio or even three studio displays connected to one of the new laptops as advertised, you need to plug in each one of the thunderbolt cables to the two or three thunderbolt ports of the laptop. Each monitor directly to the thunderbolt port of the laptop... ?????

11 replies

Mar 10, 2022 5:58 AM in response to katulaj

They can, but as mentioned before, it seems that each monitor has to be connected directly to the thunderbolt ports of your laptop, which the new ones has 3 thunderbolts ports.

My suggestion is, you can get the two monitors, buy a thunderbolt 3 or 4 HUB. Then you can connect your two Studio Displays to this hub, and only one thunderbolt cable from your macbook pro to the Hub. This will make it more clean in case you need to unplug your laptop, you only need to unplug one cable instead of two if you have it wihtout the HUB.

I am going to do the same setup soon, as soon the Displays are available in stores, I would like to take a look in person first. Cheers!

Apr 18, 2022 3:07 PM in response to olivierLA75

if you are considering connecting three high-end displays, a computer optimized for light weight, portability, and battery-capable is not a smart choice. Too many computer design decisions have been made in favor of features you are not using most of the time. You also pay dearly for the built-in display, and Apple is walking away from support for NOT using it.

Can you daisy chain studio display

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.