Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMessaging Myself - Troubleshooting

I text myself (on my phone) when I’m struggling mentally & it has always helped me feel better. It would send as an iMessage (blue/gray) & stay within the thread. Now all of a sudden it’s sending green & I’m getting emailed my texts. Settings-iMessage On. Send&Receive-Email UNchecked. What’s left to try?

iPhone 11

Posted on Mar 9, 2022 4:34 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 10, 2022 11:30 AM

Hey HackmanB,

We'd be happy to help out with your iMessage issue. Sounds like your new message to yourself might be starting from your email.

Be certain that you have "Start new conversations from" set to your phone number and not your email under Settings > Messages > Send & Receive.

If you continue to have issues sending yourself messages, check out the following resource for more information: If you can't send or receive messages on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

We hope this information helps out.

Take care!

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 10, 2022 11:30 AM in response to HackmanB

Hey HackmanB,

We'd be happy to help out with your iMessage issue. Sounds like your new message to yourself might be starting from your email.

Be certain that you have "Start new conversations from" set to your phone number and not your email under Settings > Messages > Send & Receive.

If you continue to have issues sending yourself messages, check out the following resource for more information: If you can't send or receive messages on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

We hope this information helps out.

Take care!

iMessaging Myself - Troubleshooting

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.