Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My daughter was tracked on the school bus this morning, her phone was telling her it was an air tag, we have checked all of her things and could not find anything, im not sure how this works but it has spooked me, can anyone help clear this up please

My daughter was tracked from an air tag on her school bus this morning, she does not have an air tag, can anyone help, it is worrying

Posted on Mar 10, 2022 1:21 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 10, 2022 1:24 PM

Unlikely she was specifically tracked. More likely an AirTag was in someone else's things, and was separated from that child's parent's devices and as such issues a warning on your daughter's device. It probably issued the same warning on other devices from other kids in the school bus since it was apparently traveling without its paired device which belongs to a parent.

Contact the parents from the other children to let therm know that sending an AirTag with their kids, is not a good idea because it issues these warnings.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 10, 2022 1:24 PM in response to ERLAW

Unlikely she was specifically tracked. More likely an AirTag was in someone else's things, and was separated from that child's parent's devices and as such issues a warning on your daughter's device. It probably issued the same warning on other devices from other kids in the school bus since it was apparently traveling without its paired device which belongs to a parent.

Contact the parents from the other children to let therm know that sending an AirTag with their kids, is not a good idea because it issues these warnings.

My daughter was tracked on the school bus this morning, her phone was telling her it was an air tag, we have checked all of her things and could not find anything, im not sure how this works but it has spooked me, can anyone help clear this up please

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.