Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unable to connect yahoo mail to mac email

Morning,

I've migrated from outlook to mac mail. I've successfully connected 2 exchange accounts to it. However, my yahoo mail is 'unable to verify account' when using the smart connect option. I've tried adding manually, both IMAP and POP, doing this adds the yahoo account but it cannot connect when sync'ing.

I can confirm yahoo web mail works fine, and also works fine on my Iphone XR

Any help greatly appreciated.

MacBook Pro 13″, OS X 10.10

Posted on Mar 11, 2022 12:09 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 12, 2022 12:48 PM

I can't find what I'm looking for thru Yahoo mail site , but I think you have to go to your Yahoo online mail account possibly under settings to verify your account.https://www.techsolutions.support.com/how-to/how-to-set-up-yahoo-email-on-mac-mail-13082

2 replies

Mar 13, 2022 4:35 AM in response to my ginger

Thanks for your reply. This wasn't the solution but it did lead me to finding the solution. 2 years I've not been able to connect yahoo to either Outlook and now Mac Mail, and using webmail to forward emails to my mail app (where I can send mail no problem!) turns out, all I needed was Yahoo's one time passcode, and to configure the account manually in the Mail app. Bingo!

Unable to connect yahoo mail to mac email

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.