Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I keep getting emails saying someone is using my Apple ID. How do I know that it’s not scam emails trying to lure me to click on a link or lead me down a path I wasn’t supposed to be on?

How do you know if an Apple ID email is legitimate or scam?

iPhone 11, iOS 15

Posted on Mar 11, 2022 6:27 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 11, 2022 8:36 AM

Check your device list to see if there is a device signed in that you don't recognize. You can remove the device using the steps in the article below. As a precaution, change your password.

Apple ID device list -Check to see where you‘re signed in.   * 

Apple ID Password Change.   -  

ASC YouTube for How to reset your Apple ID password

What to do after you change your Apple ID or password - Apple Support  -   I suggest doing this before you change your Apple ID or password.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 11, 2022 8:36 AM in response to BibleTeachers-US

Check your device list to see if there is a device signed in that you don't recognize. You can remove the device using the steps in the article below. As a precaution, change your password.

Apple ID device list -Check to see where you‘re signed in.   * 

Apple ID Password Change.   -  

ASC YouTube for How to reset your Apple ID password

What to do after you change your Apple ID or password - Apple Support  -   I suggest doing this before you change your Apple ID or password.

Apr 1, 2022 2:51 AM in response to Eric Root

I keep getting this message late at night (after midnight). I have checked all my devices numerous times and they are all accounted for. I signed out of them all, but one, to change pass word, then signed back in one at a time.

The message I get is always the same "Someone is using an iPod [or new device] to use Face Time on your Apple account". Or "Someone just signed in to use Face Time on a new iDevice using your Apple account."

I know that it is bogus.

Is there anything we can do about this obviously bogus notifications? And why are they always very late at night?

I keep getting emails saying someone is using my Apple ID. How do I know that it’s not scam emails trying to lure me to click on a link or lead me down a path I wasn’t supposed to be on?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.