You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Homekit Activity Zones not working

I have three HomeKit-approved cameras, Eve and Logitech Circle Views.

All is good, except - setting Activity Zones has no effect. On any of them.

In the example below, I want to exclude notifications and recordings of people inside the house - they are not an issue, but people in the garden could be.

So I've excluded the area where the patio doors are. Several times. And still I get notifications and recordings of people detected inside the house.

I suspect the answer is "it just doesn't work" but I'm asking if there is a solution - just in case!

Thanks.

Posted on Mar 14, 2022 3:00 AM

Similar questions

4 replies

Mar 15, 2022 7:47 AM in response to Jagmurcredrea

Hi Jagmurcredrea,

Thanks for contacting Apple Support Communities!

We understand that you've chosen to invert the zone that is outlined in your photo so that any movement doesn't trigger a notification but you still receive a notification for activity within this zone.

Since you're experiencing the same behavior with all of your cameras, we'd recommend that you contact Apple Support directly to investigate this further with you. You can find their contact details here: Contact Apple for support and service

Take care!

May 5, 2022 6:57 AM in response to Jagmurcredrea

Ignore the message above, Logitech now say it's all Apple's fault their camera doesn't work, by upgrading tvOS...

The thing is, the camera in question didn't work before the latest tvOS update.

They don't explain how an identical camera I own has continued working through several updates.

Or why they say on their Apple advert that Activity Zones work on the current tvOS...

https://www.logitech.com/en-gb/products/cameras/circle-view-security-camera.961-000490.html

Logitech wants me to take responsibility for 'fixing' tvOS.

So can somebody tell me who to contact within Apple so I can pass Logitech's criticism of tvOS on to them, by email, please?

Homekit Activity Zones not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.