Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud window keeps popping up

The iCloud control panel keeps popping up on my PC. How do I stop that? I searched here and found the very same question, but there were no answers.

Windows, Windows 6

Posted on Mar 14, 2022 10:33 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 15, 2022 9:53 AM

Hello BBF_ME,

Thanks for that info and for choosing the Apple Support Communities. If we understand correctly, you are having an issue with the iCloud for Windows software on your Windows computer. To help with this, please uninstall the iCloud for Windows software and reinstall a fresh copy:

Turn off or uninstall iCloud for Windows

If you turn off a service in iCloud for Windows, your information won't automatically stay up to date in iCloud, and you won't see updates made on your other devices. Follow these steps to turn off a service or iCloud:
To turn off a service on your PC, Open iCloud for Windows, then select or deselect that service. To save your changes, click Apply. 
To turn off iCloud for Windows, open iCloud for Windows, then sign out. 

If you want to uninstall iCloud for Windows, remember to make a copy of your iCloud data and save it on your PC. Then sign out of iCloud for Windows on your PC, and follow these steps:

Windows 8 or later:
Go to the Start screen, right-click in the bottom-left corner or click, then select Control Panel.
Click Uninstall a Program.
Click iCloud > Uninstall.
When asked to confirm, select Yes.

Windows 7:
Choose Start menu > Control Panel.
Click Programs > Program and Features.
Select iCloud > Uninstall.
Click OK to continue.

Set up and use iCloud for Windows

Cheers!

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 15, 2022 9:53 AM in response to BBF_ME

Hello BBF_ME,

Thanks for that info and for choosing the Apple Support Communities. If we understand correctly, you are having an issue with the iCloud for Windows software on your Windows computer. To help with this, please uninstall the iCloud for Windows software and reinstall a fresh copy:

Turn off or uninstall iCloud for Windows

If you turn off a service in iCloud for Windows, your information won't automatically stay up to date in iCloud, and you won't see updates made on your other devices. Follow these steps to turn off a service or iCloud:
To turn off a service on your PC, Open iCloud for Windows, then select or deselect that service. To save your changes, click Apply. 
To turn off iCloud for Windows, open iCloud for Windows, then sign out. 

If you want to uninstall iCloud for Windows, remember to make a copy of your iCloud data and save it on your PC. Then sign out of iCloud for Windows on your PC, and follow these steps:

Windows 8 or later:
Go to the Start screen, right-click in the bottom-left corner or click, then select Control Panel.
Click Uninstall a Program.
Click iCloud > Uninstall.
When asked to confirm, select Yes.

Windows 7:
Choose Start menu > Control Panel.
Click Programs > Program and Features.
Select iCloud > Uninstall.
Click OK to continue.

Set up and use iCloud for Windows

Cheers!

iCloud window keeps popping up

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.