Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS 15.4 notifications not working

I have an iPhone 12 Pro and just recently, I stopped getting text notifications . When I am in the text app, I can see that someone has sent me a message, but I don't get notified.

I am on iOS 15.4 and have tried the following

1. Restarted the phone - no luck
  2. Turned the volume Up
  3. Reset the Network settings
  4. Made sure the "mute" was not turned on
  5. Notification setting is on
  6. The "Do Not Disturb" is off
  7. The "Do Not Disturb" Driving is turned off
  8. Looked at the setting for favorites, the "Show Alerts" in on "shows a bell"

Any other suggestions?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Mar 14, 2022 5:32 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 15, 2022 11:44 AM

See the Apple articles below:

Use notifications on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

Use notifications on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

View and respond to notifications on iPhone

View and respond to notifications on iPhone – Apple Support (UK)

Change notification settings on iPhone

Change notification settings on iPhone – Apple Support (UK)

48 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 15, 2022 11:44 AM in response to My_Chevelle

See the Apple articles below:

Use notifications on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

Use notifications on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

View and respond to notifications on iPhone

View and respond to notifications on iPhone – Apple Support (UK)

Change notification settings on iPhone

Change notification settings on iPhone – Apple Support (UK)

Mar 27, 2022 5:39 PM in response to My_Chevelle

this was driving me crazy!

I went into messages via settings and noticed in the area “allow messages to access”, “Focus” was toggled to on. I turned it off then texts notifications and ringtone worked. I then went to Focus via settings to find do not disturb was ticked then was turned on…. Not my doing, was done via update - thanks apple!! Hope this helps someone else.

Mar 27, 2022 8:15 PM in response to 10sapphire

So, today I decided to rest my iPhone and I was happy I did because then I started getting notifications for Facebook messenger again. However, about 15 mins ago, I stopped getting notified. Apple, please fix all notifications for all apps. Myself and others are missing important messages. It’s very frustrating since the iOS update. Ughhhh 😩😩😩

Mar 29, 2022 8:28 PM in response to My_Chevelle

I'm having same problem. I checked every setting including Notifications, Do Not Disturb, Silent mode button, Message settings and Sound & Haptics to make sure notifications and sound levels were on. I even did a hard phone reboot. I have not "Reset All Settings" or "Erase All Content and Settings" since I don't want to lose my information and apps.

I think some of you said your problem started when you updated to iOS 15.4 but I'm on 14.8.1 and I have same problem. I'm using iPhone 12 Pro Max.

Good luck everyone, hope we get a fix soon!

Mar 29, 2022 8:36 PM in response to RoarX

Mine did as well, the missing notifications randomly started started in 14.8.1 but I thought if I update my phone then it would be fine. Alas I was wrong, and the issue carried into 15.4.

So far the only thing that has worked for me unfortunately was to delete all my apps and re-download. I backed everything through a program called iMazing so I can access all my back ups and messages - even export all the media and messages as a PDF. After I did that because I didn’t want to lose anything, I went ahead and deleted all my apps and re-downloaded.

It’s all working again. It’s so unfortunate that this is the route I have to take but I was missing urgent messages and I didn’t know what else to do.

Hopefully there’s a solution in the near future because this is ridiculous. Apple needs to get their sh*t together ASAP.

Best of luck - I know it’s insanely inconvenient but I hope this solution helps.

Mar 31, 2022 12:03 PM in response to tope133

I bought Iphone 13promax 256gig (Alpine green) 15.4 version and I have issue about not getting notification when I am using data. If my phone was connected to wifi all apps are working fine and Im getting notification. I came from Iphone 7plus so I knew what is do’s and donts. I tried everything to fix the issue but it still not working.

Apr 1, 2022 12:27 PM in response to My_Chevelle

I have been having a similar problem, no notification tones for iMessages when phones are locked, for a few weeks for my iPhone 12 Pro Max and my wife's iPhone 8 Max, both running IOS 15.4.1. We get tones for SMS, but not iMessage. Message Notifications were always enabled. I tried several fixes found online to no avail. Since the problem was just with iMessage and not SMS, I decided to remove our cell numbers from iMessage and FaceTime and turned both off. We could then receive SMS from other iPhones (and Android phones) with a Notification tone. I then re-enabled our cell numbers/iMessage/FaceTime for our respective phones and now iMessage Notifications are working normally. I am not a programmer, but this appears to suggest a problem with iMessage/iCloud and not the iPhone or IOS, perhaps triggered by IOS updates. I hope this works for you.

Apr 2, 2022 11:00 AM in response to My_Chevelle

Same issue since the past few IOS updates. Insta, whatsapp, gmail, calls. I am missing all the notifications. only when you open a particular app, you would know what you've missed since you don't even get notification number on the app icon.

VERY FRUSTRATING!!! I have missed imp calls and messages and I have to keep checking my phone a million times.

Apr 2, 2022 9:09 PM in response to 10sapphire

I'm having the same issue with a new phone. No notifications from anything except Gmail when the phone is locked. Sadder is that I've found posts about this issue dated a week ago. Shows that Apple thinks critical services like notifications of messages require no sense of urgency to fix.

I've tried every suggestion in this thread and many others from this forum and none of them have worked.

iOS 15.4 notifications not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.