Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How To Fix Safari Videos Black Screen Bug IOS 15.4 ?

I have an iPhone 7 plus. My problem is I can only listen to the sounds of a video in Safari. The video stays black and only the sound can be heard but before this update i disabled gpu process media and it’s working but now in ios 15.4 i can’t find gpu process media .

Can you help please ?

Posted on Mar 15, 2022 2:44 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 16, 2022 6:41 AM

Hello Zakaria482,

Let's see if this info helps out:

"Clear website data

You can clear website data occasionally to improve Safari performance. If you still need help, follow these steps:

1. Go to Settings > Safari.
  2. Tap Clear History and Website data.
  3. Tap Clear History and Data to confirm."

This is found in If Safari displays a blank page or quits on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch. This should help to resolve your issue.

If it doesn't help, you'd want to narrow down the content itself. Questions to ask would be " Is this happening on all websites or only a few?" and "Can I reproduce this on other browsers or does it only remain on Safari?" By narrowing this down, you can see whether it's related to the website or a restriction on your iPhone.

Let us know how this works out.

Take care

26 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 16, 2022 6:41 AM in response to Zakaria482

Hello Zakaria482,

Let's see if this info helps out:

"Clear website data

You can clear website data occasionally to improve Safari performance. If you still need help, follow these steps:

1. Go to Settings > Safari.
  2. Tap Clear History and Website data.
  3. Tap Clear History and Data to confirm."

This is found in If Safari displays a blank page or quits on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch. This should help to resolve your issue.

If it doesn't help, you'd want to narrow down the content itself. Questions to ask would be " Is this happening on all websites or only a few?" and "Can I reproduce this on other browsers or does it only remain on Safari?" By narrowing this down, you can see whether it's related to the website or a restriction on your iPhone.

Let us know how this works out.

Take care

Mar 29, 2022 2:24 AM in response to DeeDee44

Follow-up to my previous post : I've had Apple support on the phone multiple times, so far they haven't been able to provide a working solution.

Following their guidelines, I've done a factory reset of my iPhone 7 and have activated it *without* sync to my iCloud backup, meaning the device was totally blank. Even then, the issue persisted with black screens when playing videos in Safari (but I could hear the video sound). So in my opinion, we're most likely facing a software bug introduced with iOS 15.4 on (some? many?) iPhones 7.

I've had Apple Support on the phone again this morning, and they've had me record a video cap of the issue for their engineers to look into it. I encourage you guys to do the same, so they can gather as much data as possible and provide us a fix asap. In order to do that, you can get in touch with them here : Get Support

Apr 27, 2022 5:53 AM in response to RECENE

I just got a iPhone 13, Apple doesn’t care about us or their products just that money. I suggest y’all upgrade or buy a new phone. You can get 11’s unlocked on Amazon from reputable sources if you look cLose enough. My 7+ couldn’t make phone calls anymore plus the internet issue video was enough for me to give in.

May 21, 2022 1:06 AM in response to Zakaria482

I have an iPhone 11 and I never came across a problem like this before. I started to notice something was off just a couple days ago with my phone. Certain apps didn’t perform as they were supposed to. I thought it was just that app but I couldn’t find any kind of status and it always said operating. So today I hopped on my discord and was trying to watch a video they a screen share of a friends. It would only display a black screen and the audio came thru no visuals. So I restarted my phone and all of a sudden it fixed it. Just hours later and it’s going it again. Not only is it happening on that app but it’s also happening on YouTube. What is wrong with it !???

How To Fix Safari Videos Black Screen Bug IOS 15.4 ?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.