Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MS Teams no longer starts automatically in Safari after updating macOS Montery 12.3

After the macOS Montery 12.3 update, Safari does block MS Teams Links, I can't open Teams Meetings anymore. With the browser Fire Fox it works fine. Is there a possibility to change the setting to make it work again? It affects Macbook Pro, iMac...

Thanks for any help.

MacBook Pro

Posted on Mar 16, 2022 2:09 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 4, 2022 11:17 PM

The issue has been fixed. I think MS Teams has been updated. Now when I click on the invitation link the page gets opened up in Safari and there when I click on 3rd link for opening the call in the Desktop App the pop-up comes.

Similar questions

15 replies

Mar 17, 2022 10:36 AM in response to Totti 10

Hi Totti 10,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities. The steps in the following resource can resolve issues with specific websites or links in Safari: If Safari on Mac doesn't open a webpage or isn’t working as expected

Let us know the results. Be sure to include specific error messages and any other troubleshooting steps that you may have tried.

Have a nice day!

Apr 17, 2022 12:09 PM in response to Totti 10

Totti 10,

Thanks for letting us know. According to Microsoft, there are browser limitations in Safari. We encourage for you to review that information outlined on their website through this link here: Microsoft Teams meetings on unsupported browsers

In addition, just to be sure, you'll want to verify that pop-up windows in Safari are turned off when using Microsoft Teams. Here's how:

• Open Safari > navigate to the menu bar and select Safari > Preferences > click on "Websites" > select Pop-up Windows and check to see if the website for Microsoft is set to "Allow"

Best regards.

Apr 27, 2022 3:09 AM in response to MrJacks1

I am having the same problem but my Safari browser version is 15.4 and OS is Big Sur (11.6.5). The problem started when the browser got updated recently. I have tried everything but it's just not working. I have deleted the teams completely then cleared browser's cache and then restarted the computer and then downloaded new version of teams and after installation its the same thing.

I guess Apple has to do something.

Apr 30, 2022 9:49 AM in response to Totti 10

In my workplace we use Webex and MS-Teams. For MS-Teams, starting with Big Sur, my employer sent instructions for MS-Teams. The instructions say that Safari no longer works for MS-Teams and instead to use Chrome. One copies the link for the MS-Teams meeting and pastes it into the Chrome browser location. Then the needed pop ups occur and one can join the meeting either using the MS-Teams app or in the Chrome browser itself.

I have tried a variety of ways to get around this but none worked. It's an incompatibility. So now we all use the copy/paste method above and use Chrome (or Firefox, which also works, but my employer recommends Chrome for MS-Teams).

If there was a simple "fix" for this we would have found it. We have thousands of Macs in use here.

MS Teams no longer starts automatically in Safari after updating macOS Montery 12.3

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.